Tutorials

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Australian Spring





I participated in a block of the month quilt from Material Obsession http://www.materialobsession.typepad.com a shop in Australia.  I am obsessed/fascinated with their fabrics, color combinations and Kathy's blog is one of the best.  Anyway I got a package each month from Australia.  Usually there were plastic templates included and a different block instruction.  You could pick "pretty" fabrics or "contemporary".  Mine were pretty.  Well it was sometimes a challenge.  Lots of small pieces, curves, circles to applique but I love it.  It is very far from my usual in color and in pattern.  I took it off the quilting machine this week and here it is.  I did a lot of whimsical quilting on this one.  I didn't want traditional.  I added a border to mine because of the bias edges.  Love it!  Now to finish the binding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment